Tell Me Something Tuesday #1

This day's meme is inspired by Rainy Day Ramblings.
Do you have any tips on how to save some money when buying books? Tell us about it!
Question from Fiction Book Review.

I'm going to answer this suited best for the Australian audience, who prefer paperbacks like myself. I'm sure your country has to equivalent websites I'm about to suggest. 

For a while, I was a huge sucker to major corporations like Dymocks. Around 1.5 years ago, I found Booktopia. They offered free shipping to those in Australia, with a "wide" range-- at the time I had barely breached the grounds of John Green and other popular bestersellers-- of YA books.

Boy, what a fool I was.

On one evening, when I was so bored I looked up 'book price comparison website', I found Booko. What a blessing it was to find. It gave me a link to every book imaginable under my Goodreads TBR list, along with second hand books. Most of the time, the cheapest books are found at Book Depository or Abe Books.

You know who I found to be the most expensive?

Dymocks.

Dymocks, on average, is 3-4x more expensive than Book Depository. And BD has to be shipped from BRITAIN!!!

Yes, alright, I have to wait 2 weeks for books to be delivered. But it's worth it.

I highly recommend finding your book comparing site. Or just stay faithful to Book Depository or Abe Books.

Warning; make sure you have the right ISBN. This'll ensure you have the preferred cover or edition you want. I made the mistake in my early days accidentally ordering the ugly version of books, or the more expensive hardback.

Here's a list of book comparing websites for some of my most regular viewers:

Britain
USA
Russia (love you, Russia!!)
Italy
Poland

That was a just after a quick Google search-- you may find a better website.

Good luck!

the other one

Comments