Review: My Life Next Door

My Life Next Door My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Read more bookish goodness on my book blog: Cal's YA Reads

2.5/5 stars.

This book was fine. It was worth a 50%. You've gotta like a few things to accept this book for anything higher than 2.5/5 stars:

1. Instalove. This is a major component of the novel that I was truly shocked about. Like the timing. This must be a world record for how quickly they "truly" fell in love.
2. A book that doesn't really have a point, besides the romance. This book kind of went off track than what I imagined, and I reached 50% and realised this wasn't about the build up of their romance?? It was this odd, not really grounded suspense about a character called Clay.
3. You've gotta like the simplicity and predictability of Romeo and Juliet. I don't think this point needs to be explained.

I'm not mad at the book, it wasn't dreadful by any standards. I just feel that it had no chemistry. It didn't have genuine passion. It started off strong, but back to my point #2, it went off track. And I was like ????? No come back? what r u doing?????????

Worth a read, if you like a fluff story. I wouldn't pay for this book. Luckily I borrowed from the library :)

View all my reviews

Comments